My Associates Store

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An interesting day

So around 8:30am CDT today I was told to head for South Bend, Indiana to pick up a load with a load appointment of 12:30pm CDT.....I get almost there and get a message that the appointment has been changed to 2:30pm CDT....Then I got a call from someone I have been wanting to talk to for a long time.....The call went well and I hope to have many other talks with this interesting, intelligent, beautiful lady in the future.....So I go to the address to pick up the load to find out that I need to be at the main plant on the other side of town....I zig-zag my way through the city (not very easy in a semi when most of the roads are posted no trucks) and arrive at the correct location at 2:38pm CDT....so much for showing up early....now for the kicker...the product has not been released for loading yet....they are hoping to have it released by 5:45pm CDT....It finally got released at 5:00pm CDT, but being the third truck waiting on the product, I ended up waiting till 6:30pm CDT because they take lunch at 5:45pm CDT....8:00pm CDT finally loaded, secured, tarped and ready to go.....Of course since my log book started at 9 and I cannot drive after 14 hours on duty, I had 3 hours that I could drive.....and this load is supposed to be over 600 miles away tomorrow morning.....At least I got to talk to Nicole today.....see you later...Jimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment